Rumblefish (1983)

July 6, 2008

Rumblefish (1983)
Dir. by Francis Ford Coppola

Nicolas Cage: Smokey, an industrious gang member

After viewing the light-hearted Valley Girl, many of our dinner guests bowed out to bed or karaoke. Josh and I were then left alone with dirty dishes and Rumblefish.

Our friends missed out. This movie is fantastic, beautiful, and Tom Waits is in it. And Dennis Hopper. And Mickey Rourke. And a dozen other greats, not to mention Mr. Cage. His biggest scene was refreshing after watching Valley Girl: Smokey is a part of a subculture just like Randy, but he has balls in this movie. Much less weenie-looking. Which brings us to..

Dental exam: still pre-orthodonics. But at least he has a full set of his own hair!

My favorite part of this film was the cinematography, thank you FFC. My favorite part of the cinematography was how it made Diane Lane look drop-dead gorgeous.

Also, I can type cinematography fast and correctly, because I went to film school.

"I'm Just Trying to Understand": 0

No comments: